[Baypiggies] Possible future meeting topic

jim jim at well.com
Tue Oct 14 18:50:44 CEST 2008

   i love this idea. let's set it up for 2009Q1.
   seems like multiple speakers sharing their
favorite tools is a good idea.
   what's the diff between an IDE and an editing
program? not much, seems to me, both represent a
commitment to a restricted, extended tool set, yes?
   there are good coders using really crude tools,
which may provide a broader, or at least different,
tool set. i'd say editors and IDEs are not tools,
for our purposes, but it'd be okay to present
favorite tools that may integrate only with some
editor or IDE.
   what say?