[Baypiggies] Which Python package for SQL?

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Mon May 26 08:28:11 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 24, 2008, Stephen McInerney wrote:
>>
>> I don't mind which engine, it's mainly for my learning purposes.
>> Just looking for something free, simple and reasonably fully-featured.
>> Do folks recommend sqlite or MySQL?
>
> I'd recommend sqlite.  I'm a bit of a database snob, and I think that if
> you need something more robust than sqlite, you shouldn't use MySQL.

MySQL is like Java.  Everyone should know it, if only because it's
ubiquitous.  Once you learn it, you can move on to something else if
you so desire.  A lot of large companies still prefer MySQL over
PostgreSQL in cases where you're not using just a single server
because setting up replication is a lot easier.

-jj

--
I, for one, welcome our new Facebook overlords!
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/