[Baypiggies] what to do for our March meeting? New List

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sat Mar 1 19:06:33 CET 2008

    Here's a summary of suggestions that have come in.
    Please vote with the usual +1 or -1 and indicate a topic
tag the list shows votes in so far. you're welcome to vote
for multiple tags. to reverse your previous vote, send in
another with the alternate value to cancel.
    Note that we will have a meeting (we won't cancel),
and in the absence of votes, the default will be
MeetAndGreet.

(+1) -- MeetAndGreet: have a meet and greet and with a focus on
planning.
(+1) -- DrewNextWeek: Drew Perttula reports on PyCon one week later
(Thursday, March 20)
(+1) -- HowToVirtANet: How to virtualize entire networks (About
Untangle)
0 -- SecureMesh: Secure wireless Mesh Networks
0 -- CarComputer: Build an open source car computer

In my view (self is jim), we don't have enough time to prepare
properly for a newbies night or a recruiters night for March 13.
* Newbies: newbies nite
* recruiters nite -- hiring mgrs and recruiters allowed to take the
stage for X minutes each, then collect resumes at the end