[Baypiggies] Plone - Kupu: How do I disable the automatic click to edit?

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Jun 20 01:26:34 CEST 2008

On 6/18/2008 11:38 PM, Ken Seehart wrote:
> Kupu has an annoying feature that goes into edit mode instantly when I
> click in a document.  This is annoying because often I am just reading a
> document, and I want to copy and paste something, etc.  The obvious
> answer of turning off edit permission won't do, because I might also
> want to edit sometimes.  I just want editing to be explicit, i.e. an
> "edit" button.

This question might be more suited to the plone-users list, but...

This feature was added to Plone over a year ago and people either love
it or hate it.

There's information about dealing turning the feature off here:

http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/kss-on-plone-3.1/
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/how-to-setup-and-use-kss-on-plone-3.0/

I think the trick is going to be adding a personal setting in Plone
disable inline editing per user in some future minor release of Plone.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530