[Baypiggies] daemon tools

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 20:49:14 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Shannon -jj Behrens <jjinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone give me advice about runit vs. daemontools vs. monit vs. supervisor?
>
> My initial feeling was to use runit.  Then I remembered that Drew
> liked supervisor.  I went to use supervisor only to realize that it
> didn't come with a rc script for Ubuntu.  Hence, I can use supervisor
> to start other daemons, but there's no canonical script to start the
> supervisor daemon! ;)

I decided to use runit.  I blogged about how and why here:

http://jjinux.blogspot.com/2008/07/linux-running-paster-under-runit-on.html

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone else from using Supervisor.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
It's a walled garden, but the flowers sure are lovely!
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/