[Baypiggies] an interesting OLPC web page

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:15:42 CET 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 5:22 PM, jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

> it's not directly python related, but given
> bayPIGgies' interest, seems important:
> what to do with your new OLPC XO box,
> including instructions for upgrading
> firmware (rumor warns: be sure your XO
> battery is fully charged and your XO is
> plugged in before upgrading firmware):

That's no rumor. The software is taking care that you can't run out of
power during an upgrade and brick your system.

> http://frombob.to/XO/

Thanks. I'll check whether any of this is new, and if so, put it on
the Wiki. Please go to http://wiki.laptop.org/ if you have not done
so, and click the link for the Getting Started Guide. Also check out
the New Users page.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/