[Baypiggies] OLPC XO Shipping

greg at gregcheong.com greg at gregcheong.com
Wed Jan 16 19:39:58 CET 2008

> I can't even get tracking for mine so I'm assuming some problem delayed my
> shipment. I've seen several posts from people on this forum
> http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php who had address problems. I got this
> phone number, 1-800-201-7144, and am on hold now waiting for a human, but
> this at least seems more promising than the "all circuits are busy"
> message I got through the phone number given at laptopgiving.org
> (1-800-201-7144).
>
> -Greg

I did finally get through to someone at the number I have earlier, and
sure enough it was a problem with the way their system handles addresses.
I had entered my company address for my shipping address and apparently if
you tried to put both a company name and address in the address field, the
physical address got dropped. Shortening the company name to leave room
for the address seemed to work and I was told that to expect my pc
sometime between the end of Jan and beginning of Feb.

-Greg