[Baypiggies] (Capistrano) PeepCode & Pizza, Thursday 1/24

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sun Jan 13 05:59:22 CET 2008

At 20:13 -0800 1/12/08, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Maybe you meant to post this to the bay area Ruby Interest
> Group's mailing list?

Actually, no.  I use tools that are written in any number of
languages (even Python :-).  My assumption is that some of the
folks on this list could use a scriptable tool for deployment
of web and other content.  If this isn't true enough to keep
this note from being considered spam, I apologize.

Unfortunately, Parrot is still unavailable, so we aren't able
to share library code between Perl / Python / Ruby / ...  The
Unix command line is quite willing to execute commands in just
about any language, however, and has been for decades...

-r

P.S.  Speaking of Python-based tools, however, check out SAGE:

        http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel
        http://sage.scipy.org/sage/
        http://modular.math.washington.edu/sage/

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com