[Baypiggies] Announcement: Selenium Users Open Evening: Monday, February 25, 2008

Leslie Hawthorn lhawthorn at google.com
Mon Feb 25 05:59:38 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 22, 2008, Jason Huggins wrote:
> >  >
> >  > Google is hosting the first ever Selenium users meeting on Monday,
> February
> >  > 25. Though Selenium is not a 100% Python-based project, many in
> Python-land
> >  > do use it. (In fact, Selenium was extracted from a Plone-based
> application
> >  > back in 2004!)
> >
> >  I'm interested, but I'm somewhat put off by the demand for ID.  I've
> >  attended several events at Google in the past and this is the first
> time
> >  I recall seeing that.  Is this a new policy or what?
>
> I'm guessing the Selenium people haven't attended a Google event
> before. I've never seen any Google visitor asked for ID.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is these folks are asking for ID since
there's a limited number of visitors we can accomodate for this event (~120)
and they want to ensure that those who come are actually those who
registered.

We're helping host this event and I'll make sure I let these folks know we
don't usually ask for ID.

I hope folks can make it - should be a fun evening.

Best,
LH

--
Leslie Hawthorn