[Baypiggies] SciPy: Dates for next year? I wanna go :)

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 5 09:55:45 CET 2008

On Nov 15, 2007 4:31 PM, Jarrod Millman <millman at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2007 4:16 PM, Glen Jarvis <glen.jarvis at homegain.com> wrote:
> > I saw the SciPy conference on the website and was hoping there will be one
> > next year. Planning vacation days are better with advanced warning. Can
> > anyone tell me if the conference was successful, if there will be another
> > one, and what any of the dates (or tentative dates) are for the next one...?
>
> Yes, there will be a SciPy 2008 Conference at CalTech during the
> summer.  We haven't got the dates yet, but we will have them soon.  I
> will make sure to announce the conference here as soon as the details
> are nailed down.

Hello,

I know that it was asked on this list before (and I can't remember if
anyone had already announced it), so I wanted to let everyone know
that this year's SciPy conference will be held during the week of
August 19-24, 2008 at Caltech in Pasadena, CA.  The SciPy project
includes NumPy (an array packages) and SciPy (a collection of
toolboxes for optimization, clustering, interpolation, etc.).

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley