[Baypiggies] SF Python Meetup, Our Location, Django SF Meetup, Intermediate Python at Foothill

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Dec 31 03:26:20 CET 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, wesley chun wrote:

> What: January Hack Session - Theme: App Engine
> When: January 7, 2009 7:00 PM
> Where: Click the link below to find out!

When I saw the meetup page last, I had to give my personal information to
meetup.com and sign in before I could see the location.

I found that creepy, and so I have not yet learned the location of this
event.  I also find it weird that this email to the Baypiggies list
doesn't say where the event is despite the subject saying "Our Location".

Meetup sort of creeps me out since it turned away from its free-of-charge
community roots that empowered the Dean Campaign in 2003. The fact that no
one will tell me where this event is, unless I give personal information
to Meetup, particularly makes me feel uneasy.

-- Asheesh.

--
Grief can take care of itself; but to get the full value of a joy you must
have somebody to divide it with.