[Baypiggies] call for pre-pycon speakers

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 01:24:01 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 2:27 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>   let's assume we'll find a meeting location in
> time for our regularly scheduled january meeting
> and certainly for our regularly scheduled february
> meeting (thursday january 8 and thursday february
> 12).
>
>   this is a call for speakers, especially those
> who'd like to present a pre-pycon rendition of
> talks you'll be presenting at pycon. please reply
> if you're interested in presenting on january 8
> or february 12.

I can demonstrate the new version of Sugar, and give people a peek at
the Python in some of the innards.

Earth Treasury is organizing a consortium to create free textbooks
incorporating the Smalltalk and Python goodness of Sugar. Alan Kay,
Doug Engelbart, and the Tech Museum of Innovation want in, and I'm
talking with many others. This will be on the exhibit floor, not in
the program, because it came together only this month.

> jim

And Children are my nation.