[Baypiggies] We need a new meeting location

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 19:57:23 CET 2008

> also as mentioned in tonite's meeting, BayPIGgies has lost its meeting
> space at Google. kudos to Leslie H for sponsoring us for over the past
> 3 years... without her support and dedication, we could not have grown
> to our current membership size. CHEERS for LESLIE!! while we are going
> to determine the next meeting place soon, i let folks know that there
> is a new SF Python Meetup group that hooks up on the 1st wed of the
> month in case you're further north and can attend. here is the
> announcement for january's meeting:

I want to call this out explicitly:  WE NEED A NEW LOCATION TO MEET!

Thank you Leslie and Google for hosting us for so long.  Users groups
are always struggling to find a place to meet, and it's been such a
relief to rely on Google for so long!

Unfortunately, the number of security guards required for Google to
host our meeting deep within their building is too expensive for them
to continue to do so.  Times are tough, and we're all feeling the
strain--you know I am ;)

Leslie assured me that she's trying her hardest to find all the past
videos of our meetings that never made it to Google video.  I've heard
that Google has more than a couple hard drives lying around, so
finding all of the raw video so that it can be edited and put onto
Google video is apparently quite a challenge.

Leslie, if there's anything we can do to help push this forward, just
ask.  I think those videos are a lost treasure.  The talks over the
last couple years have been particularly good.

If anyone can help find us a spot to meet for next month, now's the
time to help!

Thanks,
-jj

--
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things
with great love. -- Mother Teresa