[Baypiggies] Program for the Future Conference - Dec. 8-9

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 08:10:23 CET 2008

Dang it, this looks really good, but I'm broke and I've already been to too
many conferences lately.  If someone goes, can they take notes? ;)

-jj

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Robert Stephenson <
rstephe at sun.science.wayne.edu> wrote:

> This conference may be of interest to some BayPIGgies.  We are also looking
> for volunteers and demos of collective intelligence tools.
>
> On Dec. 8-9, The Tech Museum in partnership with the MIT Museum will
> sponsor a major conference and design challenge entitled *Program for the
> Future* <http://programforthefuture.org/>. Its goal is as ambitious as its
> title. The Program for the Future is about tools that improve our collective
> intelligence, and is inspired by the vision of Doug Engelbart -- the man who
> invented the computer mouse, graphical user interface and pioneered the
> concept of networked computers -- to harness technology to augment human
> intellect and improve our ability to work together.
>
> On December 8 and 9 we'll hear from some of today's most provocative
> speakers, then brainstorm ways to enhance our capability for problem
> solving, decision making, knowledge organization, and planning in every
> field of human endeavor.
> *Featured Speakers*
>     * Professor Thomas Malone, Founding Director, MIT Center for Collective
> Intelligence
>     * Professor Hiroshi Ishii, Associate Director, MIT Media Laboratory
>     * Peter Norvig, Director of Research, Google
>     * Andries van Dam, Professor, Brown University
>     * Alan Kay, President, Viewpoints Research Institute
>     * Steve Wozniak, co-founder, Apple Computer, Inc.
>     * Dr. Peter Friess, President, the Tech Museum of Innovation
> For more information, see the conference program<http://programforthefuture.org/program>
>  or this blog post<http://thetechvirtual.org/blog/archive/2008/11/29/program-for-the-future-conference>.
>   There is an early-bird price t*hrough this **Monday, Dec. 1 only* and
> members of SD Forum, Berkeley alums and some other groups get a special
> rate.  There will also be free registration for virtual participants, and a
> special rate for those who wish to volunteer to help with the 2-day event
> (the volunteer signup will be announced on Dec. 2).  To register, go to
> programforthefuture.org/registration.  Information about the
> design challenge that  will launch at the conference is attached.  I hope to
> see some BayPIGgies at the Program for the Future!
>
> - Rob Stephenson
> *please send replies to **rstephenson at thetech.org*<rstephenson at thetech.org>
>
> <http://programforthefuture.org/>
>
>    <http://programforthefuture.org/>
>

> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> *  Dr. Robert S. Stephenson
> *  E-learning Architect
> *  rstephe at alumni.princeton.edu
> *  (415) 373-5239
> *  http://sun.science.wayne.edu/~rstephe<http://sun.science.wayne.edu/%7Erstephe>
> *
> *  Webmaster
> *  California Universal Health Care Organizing Project
> *  http://singlepayernow.net
> *
> *  Chief Architect and Principal Investigator
> *  http://OpenCourse.Org
> [...]

In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with
great love. -- Mother Teresa
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/