[Baypiggies] Python on OpenMoko

Kim Hawtin kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au
Fri Aug 8 05:45:26 CEST 2008

Paul McNett wrote:
> What about OpenMoko? Anyone have experience with Python on that
> ostensibly more open platform? Any experience at all?
>
> http://www.openmoko.com/
>
> I'm in the market for a new phone. My wife wants an iPhone; I want
> something that I can hack to my heart's delight. But of course I want it
> to still work reliably.
>
> So I was thinking of trying openmoko and getting the iPhone for my wife,
> and finding some sort of AT&T GSM family account that makes sense.

I had a look at one last weekend when a large batch arrived for the local
FOSS type geezers that ordered them...

yes python 2.5 and maybe 2.4 is installed, from memory.
gtk seems to be the default environment, IIRR, so pygtk type apps could make
sense to develop, and develop them on your desktop, as openmoko just runs X

cheers,

kim
--
Operating Systems, Services and Operations
kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au