[Baypiggies] CaltrainPy

Heikki Toivonen hjtoi at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 06:38:44 CEST 2008

Larry Cuba wrote:
> At 09:16 PM 8/5/2008, Heikki Toivonen wrote:
>> It turned out Python didn't
>> work out so great on Windows Mobile, ...
>
> what was the problem with it?

Most of the time importing tkinter failed. Doing a reset was required to
get that working. After a few successful imports, Python itself would
fail to start. Again reset was required. And even when everything was
working, it took 10-30 seconds (it has been a while since I tried) to
start python and for it to start my application. (Once everything was up
the performance was ok, though.)

I should point out that I tried only one specific Python binary on my
device. I know other people have built their own versions, some come
with wxPython etc. so there might actually be a Python version that
works ok on a Windows Mobile device. I think the Venster project
(http://venster.sourceforge.net/htdocs/index.html) supposedly also works
on WM.

--
  Heikki Toivonen