[Baypiggies] CaltrainPy

Heikki Toivonen hjtoi at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 06:05:09 CEST 2008

I have had this little Python script for over a year, but it didn't
occur to me until today that there might be some interest on this list.

CaltrainPy (http://caltrain.heikkitoivonen.net/developers.html) is a
Python program that I originally wrote for my Windows Mobile device to
help me figure out when the next train runs. It turned out Python didn't
work out so great on Windows Mobile, but it works fine on desktops, and
maybe it would work well in some other device where Python is a first
class citizen. It uses Tkinter for UI. I then added a little
functionality to scrape the Caltrain HTML schedule and provide it in
more machine friendly formats. You can get the latest version by doing
"easy_install caltrain".

--
  Heikki Toivonen