[Baypiggies] I need some help architecting the big picture

Michael Pittaro mikeyp at snaplogic.org
Tue Apr 29 00:02:54 CEST 2008

Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some help architecting the big picture on my current project.
> I'm usually a Web guy, which I understand very well.  However, my
> current project is more batch oriented.  Here are the details:

> Anyway, so I have all this customer-specifc logic, and all these data
> pipelines.  How do I pull it together into something an operator would
> want to use?  Is the idea of an operator appropriate?  I'm pretty sure
> this is an "operations" problem.

JJ,

This sounds like a typical data integration project, which is what
SnapLogic is designed for.

Depending on what sort of operations you're doing on the data, we might
already have the right components or you might need to create a new one,
but from your description,  it sounds like we have most of the database
and file IO you need.

You're right about the operations aspect - you probably want an
'operator' interface that that will just run everything when the right
files are in place, either scheduled or triggered by some event.

Drop me a line if you need more details.

mike

--
Mike Pittaro
Co-Founder                      Snaplogic, Inc.