[Baypiggies] questions from a noob

Anna Ravenscroft annaraven at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 19:33:11 CEST 2007

Welcome to Python! Great choice. ;-)

On 9/19/07, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2007, Stephen Cox wrote:
> >
> > Anyway enough of me, some questions. Found this list via python.org.
> > And after reading some of the threads was wondering if this was the
> > right list for newbs? If not, can you point me to a list or forum
> > that is?
>
> There is no "the" right list.  The baypiggies list can certainly handle
> some questions (particularly if you also want to make geographically
> local connections), but if you want to have in-depth discussions, you
> probably will be better off with one (or more) of the following:
>
> help at python.org

help is good for asking specific questions with a group of specific
experts who provide answers.

> tutor at python.org
tutor is great to follow and get advice and ask questions but is more
open to everyone answering than just  official responders. It's a good
list to read just to get more info.

> comp.lang.python (also available as python-list at python.org)
> --
c.l.py is a great, and very welcoming, community. BayPiggies is a good
place to come and meet people face to face if you're in the area. And
you're, of course, welcome to stick around here on the BayPiGgies
list.

--
cordially,
Anna