[Baypiggies] Guido's Blog: It isn't Easy to Remove the GIL

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:06:22 CEST 2007

In a former life, I was hanging out at a PHP users' group meeting, and
I asked Rasmus Lerdorf what he had against exceptions and why he had
left them out the language.  This was in the PHP 3 days.  He said, "I
just don't know how to implement them.  If you can figure out how to
do it, I'd be happy to include them."  Hahaha.  Ah, history!

(I'm not really trying to prove anything--it's just a funny story.)

-jj

http://jjinux.blogspot.com/