[Baypiggies] Guido's Blog: It isn't Easy to Remove the GIL

Andy Wiggin andywiggin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 02:03:55 CEST 2007

That's certainly the story we'd all like to hear. There's probably
some truth to it besides. His assumption that core multiplication will
follow Moore's law may not be right, though. It may go faster because
the thermal savings are non-linear with CPU frequency, so we may get
more and slower cores sooner than his model predicts. His point that
the future is uncertain and that there are countervailing forces is
undeniable.

-Andy