[Baypiggies] November talk?

Libor Michalek libor at pobox.com
Fri Oct 26 19:16:38 CEST 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 03:33:35PM -0700, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:

> As much as I'd like to finally meet Aahz in person, I'd still really
> like to see a breadth-first talk providing an overview of a bunch of
> different topics such as:
>
> * Threads.
> * Processes.
> * Asynchronous IO.
> * Stackless.
> * Coroutines.
> * Erlang's approach.

JJ,

   If you're still thinking of wanting multiple people, each presenting
a portion, I'd be willing to volunteer to talk about coroutines, if you
don't already have someone for that portion. It would be pretty heavily
skewed towards the particular implementation we use for all of Slide's
servers, Although, a November deadline might be a stretch, but I could
be conviced. :)

> Threads are cool, but they're a gigantic pain ;)

  Indeed.

-Libor