[Baypiggies] Wanted: a few good C/C++/Python developers

Matt Good matt at matt-good.net
Thu Oct 11 20:15:51 CEST 2007

On Oct 11, 2007, at 10:11 AM, bjorn at ambientchill.com wrote:

> Just as a disclaimer, I'm not interested in the job, I just have a
> question for Baypiggies related to this email. It seems like most jobs
> for Python require some kind of extensive C or C++ background. Is this
> true? I am a JavaScript developer and I'm happy with what I do, but
> someday, maybe in a few years, I wouldn't mind finding a Python
> development position.

Not necessarily.  My work at YouTube has been 100% Python and it's
the same for most developers here.

BTW, there are openings for Python developers at YouTube as well.
ActionScript experience would be a big plus for one of the
positions.  If you want some more info email me and I'll look up the
postings.

-- Matt