[Baypiggies] Web integration of python

Chris Clark Chris.Clark at ingres.com
Tue May 15 23:48:26 CEST 2007

Ken Seehart wrote:
> How long till python can be used for browser based GUI applications with
> features comparable to wxPython, pyGTK, and pyQT?  Must run in all major
> browsers.

Dunno, depends on your definition of "comparable" ;-)

> The application in question is currently being developed in wxPython,
> and we want to start thinking about eventual portability to a browser
> based solution

Depending on exactly what you want *today* you could take a look at
http://pyjamas.pyworks.org/ and add what you need.

You may want to take a look at a Summer of Code project
http://code.google.com/p/pyjamas/wiki/SummerOfCode (which I think has
two students assigned to it, there is a posting on this in the py-gwt
mailing list) which is has a slightly different twist to your question
(viz. adding an existing api to it).

Chris