[Baypiggies] April meeting query for you

Anna Ravenscroft annaraven at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:50:08 CET 2007

On 3/17/07, jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

>     Seems like we're not going to combo our
> April bayPIGgies meeting with the EMTECH
> OLPC bunch.
>     Looks like newbies night for April 12. Yes
> or no, either way we need help. i'm assuming
> Yes, in which case "we" have to organize the
> suggestions from the February email and
> organize a presentation, including getting
> speakers.
>     My personal tho't is that the suggestions
> are mainly best practices tips that could
> benefit from underlying design points--
> i.e. supplement the how with the how-come.
>     Chad hopes to set up a wiki for us to use
> to collaborate on this.
>
>     Time's a-wastin' as we have to make a
> program, get some speakers, and promote
> the night not only to our membership but to
> other groups.
>     Volunteers are welcome.
>
>     To those who vehemently oppose newbies
> night for this coming meeting, please accompany
> your objections with alternate proposals.

My alternate proposal is that we have a simple meet and greet night. All
"open space" the entire night. Since many people will have gone to the OLPC
presentation the night before, I suspect our attendance will be quite low.
(Many people can't make it to two events in the same week) I also think
planning a Newbies Night for May would be better - give us some leadtime.
(Since our leadtime basically got derailed by the OLPC conversation this
month..)

--
cordially,
Anna