[Baypiggies] [vote] name change

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Wed Jan 31 18:54:09 CET 2007

----- On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 cvanarsdall at mvista.com wrote:

> Being that this isn't some entity out to make money, we don't
> necessarily need to sound appealing.  The people that want to be here
> will be here regardless of the name.

I think your logic is backwards Carl:  what we call ourselves is much more important than what others call us.  It has much more power for shaping who we are and how we behave.

There are lots of great lists for disucssing Python itself.  So people who are looking for that should try the others.  My favorite is the tutor list.  The global lists have nothing else to do, except discuss Python.

This one is about knowing and meeting other Python enthusiasts.  It is special because it is connected to our geography.  It is about people and real connections.

So it makes sense to me that admin and meta discussions would dominate.

Respectfully,

Marilyn