[Baypiggies] [vote] admin list, jobs list

Carl J. Van Arsdall cvanarsdall at mvista.com
Wed Jan 31 00:05:07 CET 2007

Eh, really, there isn't that much traffic on this email list.  I get a
couple emails once in a while, a simple filter and I can read them at my
leisure.  Yes, that's right, that's how I keep 5 messages a week from
disrupting my ADD.

I don't see the point in a separate mailing list for admin stuff.  I
mean, that's mostly what goes on this list anyhow.  Every once in a
while there's a python related discussion, but I wouldn't say that the
volume of both warrants maintaining two different lists.

As far as the jobs list, again, i don't know that it really needs a
list.  How about a simple policy (a standard subject heading that I can
parse with a regex or whatever), users who can't handle it should be
well more than adept enough with their email client to setup a filter
and let it delete what they don't want.  I see more discussion about
jobs than actual jobs posted anyhow.  We're all python programmers (or
should be) and should be technically advanced enough to deal with this
such that our own individual needs are met.

I don't see an extra handful of emails a week being a problem for anyone
that they couldn't rectify entirely on their own.  With that, see some
of you at pycon!

Votes below.

-c

Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
> Ok, I'm getting mixed messages on two topics:
>
> * Should we have an admin list? (+1 yes, -1 no)

-1

> * Should we have a separate jobs list? (+1 yes, -1 no)

-1

--

Carl J. Van Arsdall
cvanarsdall at mvista.com