[Baypiggies] Let's welcome the new year!

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Fri Jan 26 01:19:11 CET 2007

----- On Thursday, January 25, 2007 ylchobe at gmail.com wrote:

> On 1/25/07, Chad Harrington  wrote:
>> > I propose:
>
>> I think a separate baypiggies-jobs list would be the best solution to the
>> jobs issue.  90+% of BayPiggies members aren't looking for jobs and would be
>> annoyed by lots of job posts. The remaining 10% are looking for work and
>> would likely welcome a large number of jobs.
>>
>> If you are looking for a job, you subscribe to the jobs list.  If not, you
>> don't.  Seems like the simplest policy.  There is no value in having job
>> listings go to the 90% who don't want them.

Just to clarify, the proposed job list will not have discussion or announcements, just jobs, right?

Then, JJ will have to be very hard-nosed about job-postings, *no* job-postings on this list, but he can send them to the job list.

If this is ok with JJ, who will have to be the cop, then:

+1

from me.

Marilyn