[Baypiggies] Discussion for newbies/beginner night talks

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sat Feb 10 20:15:27 CET 2007

    what's the assumption of a newbie? I'm guessing
not new to programming but pretty well experienced
in C, VB, Java, Perl 5 (and maybe interested in future
features in Perl 6), maybe looking at Ruby as an
alternative commitment to Python. I think our group
has at least one ADA-experienced coder, certainly
there are a few assembler experienced. All of the
above might identify themselves as newbies wrt
Python.
    If you buy the above, the decorators and other
new and/or exotic features in Python might be
very interesting for them.