[Baypiggies] [vote] name change

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Feb 1 15:27:33 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007, Stephen McInerney wrote:

> can we at least follow Terry's suggestion and take this off the table
> until Feb 2008?

Two years would be Feb 2009.  Given that two successive polls have
declined the namechange by a landslide, I would prefer to remove this
issue from discussion for at least five years.  I suspect that many
people would agree with "never" for the next time, if only because the
discussion itself causes more pain than the name.

In any event, I think it would be appropriate for JJ to make a list
ruling specifying the next time.

"I disrespectfully agree."  --SJM