[Baypiggies] [vote] name change

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Thu Feb 1 06:56:08 CET 2007

----- On Wednesday, January 31, 2007 DennisR at dair.com wrote:

> At 05:24 PM 1/31/2007, Terry Carroll wrote:
>>On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
>>
>> > To change the name of this mailing list, vote +1 and propose an alternate.
>> > To keep the existing name, vote -1.
>
> -1 to change the name of *this* list
> +1 to create a new name for list(s) we are about to add.
>
> [BayPiggies Announce] is just too long for a new list name
> [BP Announce] or some short name is better for *new* list

We haven't been invited to vote on that, although that was the proposal I put forward.  Thank you for remembering.

--

Yes.  It was JJ, who is opposed to name-changing, who is polling the group about this, which wasn't anyone's proposal.  Sort of a slight-of-hand, mob-rule kind of trick.  But, I say this smiling, because it is amusing and not so important.  I just thought the pending length of the new lists' names was a good excuse to bend the name a little and appease us who are not content with the name.  But, clearly JJ didn't agree and put forward a losing proposal instead.

It's all good,

Marilyn