[Baypiggies] any interest in having a PSF/Python presence at "LinuxWorld's .org Pavillion" (in SF, Aug 6-9)?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 20:09:28 CEST 2007

I just received a mail from IDG (the organizers of LinuxWorld) which I
suspect they're sending out to all kinds of opensource
people/organizations, and I was wondering if the PSF and/or local (Bay
Area) Pythonistas are interested in taking advantage of this
opportunity.  If we do, then I'll gladly volunteer some time and work,
but I'm not really the right kind of "organizing maven" to take
point-position on this.  So, any takers...?

Here's what IDG just mailed me:
"""
LinuxWorld Conference & Expo
August 6 - 9, 2007
Moscone Center
San Francisco, CA

Dear ALEX,

Interested in LinuxWorld's .org Pavilion? Fill out the Application Form!

LinuxWorld Conference & Expo is looking for exhibitors for the .org
Pavilion, our free-of-charge exhibit area for free software and open
source projects. We're looking for projects that produce great
software and can host an informative, helpful booth for our attendees.

This year, we will be hosting an "un-conference" theater area adjacent
to the pavilion. If you would like a larger venue for works in
progress, Q & A sessions, demonstrations, and media, it's there for
you.

Projects use LinuxWorld Conference & Expo for many reasons: to answer
questions from possible new users, to distribute copies of software,
to solicit donations, and to sell project merchandise.

If you have participated in the .org Pavilion at previous shows, you
still need to re-apply for it this time.

To submit for the .org Pavilion, please click here [1].

Don't forget! Birds-of-a-Feather sessions are still available. Click
here to submit.

Please contact Alison McCormack with any questions (508) 988-7880.
"""

[1] The "click here" sends to
<http://linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/speakers//speakerlogin/CC136379>
(which also has a link for the submission of BoF sessions
applications); the deadline for both kinds of applications is May 14
2007.

Thanks,

Alex