[Baypiggies] positive spirit of the group [was moving forward]

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Wed May 3 03:10:02 CEST 2006

At 02:49 PM 5/2/2006, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
>The quote "My bias is toward not changing things" was indeed stripped
>of its context and put into a new thread.  That seems like a Usenet
>trick to me, ...

I was attempting to summarize:

         If you are sending a reply to a message or a
         posting be sure you summarize the original at
         the top of the message, or include just enough
         text of the original to give a context.

as per RFC 1855
(http://www.cybernothing.org/cno/docs/rfc1855.html#3).  Note the RFC uses
the qualifier "just enough", strongly suggesting that superfluous material
be trimmed.  I don't understand what necessary context was materially
altered by my trimming.  Maybe I trimmed too much but I don't see where.

I had no transformational intent.  My intent was to respect people's time
and follow Netiquette Guidelines, not Usenet trickery.  We all saw the
original the first time around.

The change in thread subject was strongly indicated, imo.  Stephen had
objected that his "meeting" thread had been hijacked.  Indeed, the subject
line of the "meeting" thread referenced a meeting which was cancelled.  I
did show the connection to the old subject line by putting [was ...] in the
new thread title.  My intent was to match subject and content, not to trick
anyone.