[Baypiggies] FWD:(Job) Compiler Engineer - Berkeley, N. CA - 6 Months Contract (some python/pyrex experience preferred)

Tony C cappy2112 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 23:43:35 CET 2006

Message: 15
  Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:41:08 -0800
  From: Naren <naren at cgt-consult.com>
Subject: (Job) Compiler Engineer - Berkeley, N. CA - 6 Months Contract

This is my direct client opening - Compiler Engineer - Berkeley, N. CA -
6 Months Contract

My client is looking for a Compiler Engineer as follows:
- IR and backend optimizations, VLIW/DSP/loop optimizations, integrated
scheduling and register allocation for clustered register file
architectures, power optimization, Unix/C++/Python Siemens.  Our client
seeks an experienced Compiler Engineer to develop a GCC/LLVM based
backend for an advanced embedded VLIW processor.
- This is a challenging position in a startup environment where the
successful candidate will lay down the foundations for the compiler
infrastructure that will form a critical part of a new product. Success
in this crucial task will lead to the candidate becoming the de-facto
lead of software for a start-up company and therefore requires
substantial effort and dedication upfront.
- Main responsibilities will be to rapidly produce a VLIW backend as
well as assist with complex systems programming tasks. For this
position, C++/assembly language wizardry will be taken for granted,
experience with simulators is required, and familiarity with EDA design
flows is a plus.
- What will set the successful candidate apart from the crowd will be
breadth of knowledge, familiarity with Python, Pyrex and Swig bindings
and the ability to solve challenging problems independently.
- MS/PhD or 5+ years of relevant experience required.

This position is for a Compiler Engineer with our client in Berkeley,
Northern California.  The duration of this project is for 6 months and
the rate is D.O.E.

Please complete and copy/paste this completed skills-matrix to me with
your response:
Full name:
Degree major:
Total IT exp:
Total IR exp:
Total Backend Optimizations exp:
Total VLIW exp:
Total DSP exp:
Total Loop Optimizations exp:
Total Power Optimization exp:
Total Integrated Scheduling exp:
Total Register Allocation exp:
Total Clustered Register File Architectures exp:
Total Unix exp:
Total C++ exp:
Total Python exp:
Total Siemens exp:
Total GCC/LLVM Based Backend exp:
Total Embedded VLIW Processor exp:
Total Simulators exp:
Total EDA Design Flows exp:
Total Swig Bindings exp:
Total Pyrex exp:
Your work status - Are you a US Citizen/H1/GC holder/Other?:
Specify:
Hourly rate:
Is this in W2 or Corp rate?
Day Tel#:
Eve Tel#:
Cell number:
Availability:
Your current City / State:
If you qualify for this position, are available immediately and are
interested, please send your resume, rate and contact information to
mailto:resume at cgt-consulting.com?subject=Compiler-Eng-N-CA Please ensure
you complete and copy/paste the above completed matrix with your
response.