[Baypiggies] list mail and gmail ?

Michael Bernstein webmaven at cox.net
Mon Jun 19 23:00:17 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 13:52 -0700, steve hindle wrote:

> And as I mentioned before, having members emails show up in the actual
> list traffic just makes it that much easier for spammers to harvest
> them.  They can simply subscribe an address that forwards to a
> bot/script.

This is a bit of a strawman. Even on lists that are configured to munge
the 'Reply-To:' header in an attempt to force replies back to the list,
the original sender still appears in the 'From:' header.

I have not yet encountered a list that hides the address of the sender,
except in a web-interface.

- Michael R. Bernstein
  michaelbernstein.com