[Baypiggies] C/R Scaling

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Mon Jun 19 18:51:43 CEST 2006

Hi Ross,

Nice to see you in the discussion.

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006, Ross Parlette wrote:

> In all the discussion of Challenge / Response I have not seen what I regard
> as the non-scaling flaw.
>
> A long time ago, I read that one should conduct one's life in such a way
> that if many (or all?) others did likewise, disaster would not result.

Oh yes!  I do my best to behave like this.  In fact I try to live my
life in such a way that if all did likewise, our earth would be saved.
It's very hard to know how to do that though.

> Perhaps my analysis is in error, but I believe that C/R fails here.

Ah ha.  See below.

> Now I currently get my BayPiggies mail via the daily summary, so all mail is
> from baypiggies-request at python dot org. I changed over to this because
> the mailing list was flooding my inbox and my pathetic mail system does not
> have good means for handling this.
>
> But prior to this, I received individual messages, which served before the
> discussions of name-change and similar topics produced a plethora of mail. I
> have looked back at those messages and they did not come from baypiggies dot
> org, but appeared to come from people like Aahz, Donna Snow, w chun, etc.
> Presumably these were spoofed by the forwarder (note discussion of SPF).

Here are some important headers from your mail:

Absolutely from a list!  So no challenge is sent.

There's also this: