[Baypiggies] Challenge/Response email systems

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jun 16 02:59:01 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On 6/15/06, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>>
>>Speaking as a mailing list administrator, anyone who leaks a challenge
>>to the mailing list OR who sends a challenge to a list subscriber as a
>>result of a post to the list -- both of which I've seen happen -- gets
>>immediately banned.
>
> OK, feel free to ban me *and* Marilyn. :-)

Just in case it wasn't clear, I'm talking about the challenge itself, not
a challenge forwarded to complain about it.  So far, I haven't seen this
happen on baypiggies, and I would expect that someone as careful as
Marilyn probably won't cause that kind of problem, but because I have
seen misconfigured challenge systems do that, I felt that I needed to
make a Pronouncement.  ;-)

"I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and stopped
right there."  --Steve Gonedes