[Baypiggies] Videotaping presentations (was Re: June 8 meeting at Ironport 7:30-9:00)

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Sat Jun 3 01:41:02 CEST 2006

----- On Friday, June 2, 2006 jjinux at gmail.com wrote:

>> If the
>> acoustics issue doesn't budge the group (which seems rather heartless
>> and inconsiderate [perhaps blamable on our name?])
>
> +1 for flamebait ;)

I have on my asbestos glasses.

Is the "heartless and inconsiderate" flamebait?

Or is mentioning "the name" flamebait?

Or reminding us that there is a connection between our behavior and the labels we assume?

If we ought not flame, and we ought not flamebait, how about flamebait-bait?

I think flamebait is ok since it's not flames. I don't believe people should avoid legitimate polite confrontation about their disagreements.

And no one bit the bait -- so far.  :^)

> BTW, I'm partially deaf too ;)

I remember.  I have one excellent ear, and one that is only an earring hanger and noise amplifier(nerve problem), so I get confused by extraneous noises and can't tell where they come from and mix them with the speaker's voice.  Darned difficult in that basement.

See you next meeting, I hope,

Marilyn