[Baypiggies] Fw: Re: Next demo night

Alex Martelli aleax at google.com
Fri Jul 21 23:34:27 CEST 2006

On 7/21/06, Shannon -jj Behrens <jjinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am quite happy to relinquish responsibility, especially if it's not
> benefiting anyone.  However, I was under the assumption that there
> were at least a few people who preferred IronPort.  I'm happy to let
> go if that's not the case.
>
> I remember the results of the survey, but it seems that different
> people interpreted it differently.  Can we setup a poll that simply
> asks, "Should we drop IronPort and host all meetings at Google?  Yes
> or No"?

Personally, I remember the survey results as indicating a plurality
preferring the Google location, but far from unanimously; in
consequence, if the poll you suggest was setup, I would vote "no" --
it would seem unfair to the minority who DO prefer Ironport.  Maybe we
could rather vary the ratios, say 8/4 meetings at Google vs Ironport,
rather than 6 each, during each year...?

Alex