[Baypiggies] Planning remaining 2006 meetings

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Fri Aug 18 19:31:23 CEST 2006

----- On Friday, August 18, 2006 DennisR at dair.com wrote:

>>TC> This is why I think we shouldn't have a meeting in Dec.
>>MD> So if you are happy with 2-ish IDE presenters, it's ok with me.
>>If we get really stuck at the last minute, I can come prepared to do a
>>"Python Pitfalls" session, or something from my class materials.
>>
>>And I'm always happy to do a last-minute "Why Python?" slide show, which
>>has matured since I did the first pass a while back.
>
> Those are great additions and I may have others I am aware of.  Hasan Diwan
> wants to speak before spring and I would rather give him a 15 minute time
> slot than a 30 minute one.  He does not know when his project will be
> finished but he does project before spring.
>
> Here is another thought.  Tony posted a link to Alex's talk at
> http://penlug.org, a linux user group in Belmont.  They meet 4th Thursday
> except Nov and Dec, when they meet on 2nd Thursday.  Hmmm... that is a
> conflict with us.  Perhaps if December meeting might have lower attendance,
> we could have a joint meeting.
>
> Punlug meeting time is 7:00 to 9:00 vs. our meetings starting at
> 7:30.  What do you think about a joint meeting?

Me?  I was all prepared to say that there's no way I'm going up to Belmont.  But, it looks like a snap to get there from Caltrain, so I'm willing, if that's where it ends up.

I notice that they have posted meeting topics through September.  Sept is AJAX, which my son is very enthusiastic about, and he has made some amazing web pages with it.

For a joint meeting to work, I guess it should be relevent to both Python and Linux.  Too bad Alex's talk isn't December.

I have no idea how to make it happen, but Dennis, I'll bet you can do it if folks think it's a good idea.

Marilyn