[Baypiggies] Seeking August meeting speakers

Drew Perttula drewp at bigasterisk.com
Tue Aug 1 08:10:02 CEST 2006

Dennis Reinhardt wrote:
> At our upcoming Aug 10, meeting at IronPort David Reid will be giving a 30
> minute talk on Twisted.Web2.  We have 75 minutes total available.
>
> There are 45 minutes where we do not have a speaker.  Please let me/the
> list know if you would like to make a presentation or have a topic
> discussion you would like to lead.

I can present a recent python project: control software for a modified
paper cutter (the fancy-shapes kind, not the large-blade kind).

My blog posts cover the early parts of the project:
http://drewp.quickwitretort.com/2006/06/06/0
http://drewp.quickwitretort.com/2006/06/20/0

I can get into the applications of python for driving the parallel port,
parsing and rasterizing SVG, doing a preprocess on the curves to
compensate for a hardware problem, etc. The python modules I used are
Numeric, ScientificPython, twisted, louie, elementtree, and Tkinter.