[Baypiggies] Moving forward (was meetup ...)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Apr 29 01:23:51 CEST 2006

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Donna Snow wrote:

> I'm interested in helping to get a CMS (Plone) setup so we can make this
> more of a collaborative online environment instead of dependence on one
> individual to post upcoming information.

Hi Donna,

Hmmm... I'm not familiar with Plone, although this sounds interesting.

Out of curiosity, until we get some more concensus on CMS's, would things
be acceptable if we do all web-server content administration through
Subversion?

This is actually the way we have things up now.  Allowing more people to
edit the web site will only be a matter of giving such people an svn
password to access:

     http://svn.baypiggies.python-hosted.com/website/htdocs

The only other niggling issue is getting the baypiggies.net web site to
automatically deploy new updates whenever a commit goes through.  We
haven't set up a crontab to do this yet, but I'm sure this isn't rocket
science... *grin*