[Baypiggies] Moving forward (was meetup ...)

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Fri Apr 28 03:20:17 CEST 2006

At 05:02 PM 4/27/2006, Aahz wrote:
>Aahz> My bias is toward not changing things.

My bias is towards finding changes which represents benefit and moving
forward in that direction.

>Not from my POV.  But I don't think that just because a few people are
>clamoring for change is a reason to let things move forward in a
>different direction.

"move forward", funny you should mention that...  Sorry, but forward
movement has already started.  Point: Google has started video recording
the technical part of our meetings and their site and will be posting the
recordings.  Video broadcasting of presentations is synergistic with
attracting more speakers and having a backlog of quality presentations
scheduled for our meetings.  Improvised, no-agenda meetings could well be
history at the Google site.

>BTW, note that Danny is the primary contact for baypiggies.net and
>Deirdre still owns the domain.

... and they are going to object to having BayPiggies meetings showcased to
the entire Bay Area and world?  Somehow, I rather doubt they will stop the
site from becoming a resource sponsoring quality presentations for the
entire Python community.

The "change" coming is better planned meetings.  Lead, follow, or get out
of the way.

>My experience is that volunteer groups thrive
>on -- guess what? -- volunteers.

+1