[Baypiggies] Scheduling change of plans

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Thu Apr 20 20:49:35 CEST 2006

At 11:05 AM 4/20/2006, Walter Vannini wrote:
>Instead of "Python at Google"
>with Greg Stein ....

This is exactly the kind of presentation we should be having at
BayPiggies.  Unfortunately, the next opening in our Google calender is
November.  We would have to bump someone to even propose inviting this talk
or talks like it.

I think we should have Google meetings *every* month.  The present
alternating schedule is holding back the much larger audience at Google.
Let me propose a change in schedule here:

         IronPort meetings 2nd Thur     4 times/year
         Google meetings   3rd Thur 10-12 times/year
        East Bay          1st Thur   1-2 (future, none now)

The 10-12 for Google allows us to skip "slow" months such as Aug or Dec, or
not.  The *concept* of this proposal is that we grow to be a real Bay area
organization.  The 6x/year is holding back the group centered at
Google.  By decoupling the IronPort meetings, we can let the constituency
at each site grow as they are able to attract speakers and audience.