[Baypiggies] let

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Sat Apr 15 04:49:00 CEST 2006

------- On Thursday, April 13, 2006 jjinux at gmail.com wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> If we want to start being formal about the 8:30 cutoff, I think it's
> important to start at 7:30 sharp.  If it's necessary to start at 7:45
> because of travel difficulties, that's fine, but then we should move
> the 8:30 cutoff. :-/

I want to report that we did, in fact, start 10 minutes late.  I don't know when JJ very politely cut himself off, but he only did about half his talk and I sure would like to hear the other half.  It was very interesting and thought-provoking. Yes, the slides are online, but the face-to-face is better, especially because the audience pitched in with some great perspectives.  I came home quite inspired by it.

But JJ, had you started on time, those of us who were on time would have gotten more of your good talk.  The late-comers would still have gotten their money's worth and they would not have been encouraged to come late next time.  ... just mentioning it.

I also want to report that the dinner was excellent too.

And the Mapping/Random Access went great.  It was fun to hear from so many of the group so fast.

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening.

Marilyn