[Baypiggies] Mapping/Random Access at tonight's meeting

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 23:09:49 CEST 2006

Ok, I agree with 100% of that.

In that case we simply need to time-check the speaker because we
now have a hard cutoff at 8:30pm and we do not want to lose the often
valuable Q&A opportunity at the end of a presentation.

Re mapping and newbies, I meant "I think we should encourage
anyone who wants to spend max 30sec introducing themselves and their
interests, no matter what their level". mainly if they have something to
answer e.g. "looking for help with SQL / Numeric Python / Agile
Development..."

PS As a result of the mapping I met some folks I have only emailed in the
past
and got several really useful ideas for possible activities. Details next
month
at Google... I will tentatively aim to present 15 survey result slides in 15
minutes,
do the prize drawing in 5 min and then start a interactive discussion, all
within
a 30?-45min slot. Then we break to your ctypes presentation.
Discussion can continue after mtg?

Stephen