[Baypiggies] Mapping/Random Access at tonight's meeting

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Fri Apr 14 03:06:22 CEST 2006

At 04:42 PM 4/13/2006, you wrote:

>I agree this is a great proposal.
>Four questions:
>- is this when recruiters get to speak?

Yes

>- for recruiters, do you suggest permanently fixing the time at 8:30 right?
>   and let them go first.

I see the same standards for all announcements.  I am proposing something
for all of us to follow.  The fact is, most recruiting announcements have
been made by regular members on behalf of their employers.  Believe me, if
someone is looking for a job and another member says "I have a job
available at PyStartUp" the audience member who is interested is counting
the seconds until they can make a beeline to talk to the person with a job.

Having *short* mapping announcements is respectful of everyone's time: the
interested and uninterested alike.

The 8:30 is an agenda target.  If and as we start having a published
agenda, we can tweak the target, with the objective of meeting
it.  Tonight, there are two important agenda items prior to mapping/random
access.  They may run over but shouldn't.  Let's see.