[Baypiggies] BayPIGgies name [was: April agenda?]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 13 10:40:26 CEST 2006

[It seems like for some reason I am not getting most recent list posts.
Weird.  I've just double-checked via the Web archive.]

Quoting Rich Morin:

[snip]

>  Given that Rick couldn't recall it on demand (nor could
> I :-), I suspect that changing it wouldn't cause any dislocations...

<scratching head>

I'm _mystified_ as to why Rich thought I was trying to "recall" anything,
and this more than anything else is why I feared I might have somehow
utterly failed to articulate my point.

The point is that -- obviously -- you could so easily and very naturally put
a variant form of this group's name "on your resume" (it not mattering
much _what_ that variant is, or whether it's "official", whatever that
means) that apparently this objection, like the equally
meaningless-in-this-context phrase "unprofessional", is a symbolic
codephrase that, when you pass it through a semantics-detection filter,
boils down to "I just don't like it".

I can respect "I just don't like it."

Saying "I just don't like it" has the advantage of brevity, plus averting
confusion, wasted energy, and the need to spend time debunking
nonsensical symbolic justifications.