[Baypiggies] BayPIGgies name [was: April agenda?]

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Thu Apr 13 08:18:07 CEST 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 6:34 PM, Danny Yoo wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Rich Morin wrote:
>
>> I think it's a bit more important than that.  Let's say that I've
>> given
>> a talk on Modular Wombats for the local Python group.  If my resume
>> needs filler (after 35 years in the field, this is NOT my
>> problem :), I
>> might want to list this appearance.  Do I want to put in the
>> following:
>>
>>  Presentations
>>
>>    The Care and Feeding of Modular Wombats
>>    BayPIGgies, April 1, 2006
>>
>> I think not.
>
> Oh.  *runs to rapidly revise resume*

If your resume is so thin that you need to add this sort of thing,
you have an entirely different problem, especially given that anyone
can join and anyone interested in Python has an opportunity to
present at a BayPIGgies meeting. This isn't a putdown to anyone who
has it on their resume, obviously.

It was never intended to be (nor will it ever be) as much of a resume-
builder as, say, speaking at an O'Reilly conference. Or MacWorld. Or
LinuxWorld (all of which I've done, but none of those are on my
resume either).

--
_Deirdre                                             http://deirdre.net