[Baypiggies] Holy Thursday

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Tue Apr 11 01:19:13 CEST 2006

At 03:23 PM 4/10/2006, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
>I'm having a difficult time with the
>fact that I have to host the talk, yet I'm obligated to go to Holy
>Thursday mass which is at about the same time.

So, lemme re-cap how Thur night is shaping up:

         1) no technical talk
         2) a "futures" discussion which may go somewhere/may not
         3) room arrangements in flux with a conflict in
              duties for some or many

Let me suggest an alternative here: we cancel our physical meeting Thur
night at IronPort.  Instead, we split the agenda in two:

         1) We have a "virtual" meeting Thur night, viewing the
         3 hours of material at
         http://www.snakesandrubies.com/ provided by JJ.  This can
         then be discussed here on the list.

         2) We hold an "organizing" meeting in a convenient restaurant
         venue.  In the IEEE Computer Society, we held our meetings at
        Jing Jing (http://www.themenupage.com/jingjing.html) and I
         have found it conducive to holding discussions for up to 4-10
         people.  I am volunteering to coordinate this meeting.  The
         outcome (if any) of this organizing meeting would be posted
         back here for comment.

         If/as there is critical mass for an organizing meeting,
         set-up details would go off-list here to un-hijack this list.

Maybe I am just a gear-head but (1) sounds like the best of my 3 hours of
my coming Thur. night.  (2) needs to be done and having a dedicated
face-to-face among those focusing on this topic may show the most results.

Dennis